Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Birthday Fail

Since schools no longer want you to bring food for Birthday's due to allergies I thought I would attempt a pinterest idea!!!  Since I am cheap I ordered some whoopee cushions from oriental trading company.  On the website it said they were made of plastic but I thought they would still work but to mine and Noah's disappointment they failed in making FART noises.  Noah said to me, "mom I can't give these to my friends.  They don't work, they won't want to be my friend."  I then thought well I guess I will just use these as a gift bag, so I  put a angry bird's pencil in each one.  I am not crafty  or computer savvy what so ever.  It took me about 20 minutes just to figure out how to put 2 columns on a word document so I wouldn't use too many pieces of paper. I then cut out each tag thinking I would make it look like an actual tag with a point but since I am not crafty they all looked uneven.  So I had to start over by rounding all the edges.  Next I had to thread the yarn into little slits I made on the tags which was like threading a needle.  In all I think this project took me about 3 hours. I was so over it, not to mention I had a sore back and hands!  I took these along with some balloons to Noah's class so his classmates could sing to him.  The teacher told all the kids to put the goody bag in their backpacks which of course they didn't listen.  I just watched all the kids ripping them open, ruining all my hard work!  All I could think was, wait the parents need to see how cute this is before you ruin it!!!  I am pretty sure this is the last time I will do this, so not worth it!




No comments: