Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Noah Daniel Brashear is here!!!


This was the last picture we got a week before his delivery; since we were in such a hurry we forgot to get one last pic right before I delivered.



So I thought since little baby Noah is asleep I would post a few pictures.  On September 12th at 5am I was awoken by a pop!  I had no idea that the popping sensation was my water breaking.  I had always thought that there would be a big gush of water. I actually took the time to take a shower, not sure if I needed to go to the hospital.  After I got out of the shower I knew it was time to go since my contractions were about 3-4 minutes apart.  Dan did a great job at staying calm and arrived to the hospital safely.  We arrived to the hospital and they took all my information, I tried to keep from crying but my hormones are all out of whack!!!  They put me in a delivery room right away and found that I was dilated at a 3.  I couldn't believe it, I am so grateful that my doctor kept postponing my inductions for the last 2 weeks.  By 6:30 I was able to get an epidural.  Thank goodness, I love how the nurses tell you to relax and breath through the contractions so you can dilate quicker- easier said than done!  At 7:45 I was dilated at a 4 to 5 and then at 8:45 I was at a 9!  The nurse couldn't believe it, for a first time pregnancy you should not be ready to push in 3 hours!!!  At 9 they were all set up and found that I was now dilated at a 10 and ready to push but unfortunately my doctor was stuck in the OR.  I had to wait 2 HOURS before I could start pushing; I seriously felt like I had to keep my legs closed to keep Noah in.  At 10:50 the doctor finally arrived and at 11:01 Noah Daniel Brashear was born. I know we had said he would be Noah James but when he came out James just didn't feel right. He was 7 pounds 15 ounces and 21 inches long.  He is such a healthy boy, I couldn't have asked for a better first experience. We feel so blessed and are learning a lot.

7 comments:

mistyb said...

he is adorable! I'm glad everything went so smoothly for you! We are so happy for you guys!!

Unknown said...

He is so cute you guys. I'm glad I got to see him last night. He really is a lucky boy to be your son.

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm just stalking i mean stopping by he is sooo beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys.
And extremly jealous on how quick that went for you! You Ford girls are baby makers. Congrats! just a FYI Gripe water works wonders on upset baby bellies! You can find it at Henry's
Best wishes to you
Anna B

erin marin said...

you just had to rub it in our faces huh!! i hope you know im not happy for you not one little bit that you had it that easy! no, you know i joke i joke, i kid i kid! im happy for you even if my first time sucked!...brat!!!

Kasey said...

Congratulations! He is so cute! I love his little face! What an exciting birth too! Can't wait to see you guys at church...whenever you are ready to come cuz I am still not even there yet! Ha! Congrats!

Jen said...

Ahhh how sweet. Congrats!! I can't wait to see him in person.

Katie said...

Congratulations to you! He is so cute! Lucky girl to have such a quick delivery. Thank goodness you were able to document Dan's pregnancy belly. A lot of people forget to do that. :)