Thursday, September 29, 2016

Grant's 2015 Transitional Kindergarten

 Grant was so excited the first day of school.  Grant was able to attend Eucalyptus Hills Spanish Immersion Transitional Kindergarten.  After a couple days I think Grant realized just how hard being at school from 0910-2:30 was.  That sure is a long day for a 5 year old and especially with his teacher only speaking Spanish to him.  He cried almost every morning for about 2 weeks, It broke my heart. He wasn't being naughty, some mornings he would sit at the tables before school and silently cry. I would tell him it was ok and he would reply, "I tell my body not to cry, but I can't help it."  One morning he did this and I couldn't stay with him because I had to rush to work, I felt horrible leaving him there crying all alone at the table (I started crying myself when I walked away).  Luckily there are a lot of good moms and one let me know she sat with him and he stopped crying pretty quickly. 

 Some mornings he would say he needed to use the bathroom and then would proceed to play on the stepping stones.
 Story time at Barnes & Noble.  I must say, Grant had the cutest teacher ever.  Maestra Cruz was a great, sweet, patient 1st year teacher and she did amazing!
 Pajama Day along with decorating sugar cookies, our favorite.  Love hoe Grant has his tongue hanging out, that how I was as a child.  

Though it wasn't often, I sure loved being able to see Grant at class.
 
 Now that school does not allow food for treats one must turn to Pinterest for ideas!
 100th Day of School.  He sure is a cute old man.
 Such a cute day seeing all the kids in the Dr. Seuss parade.

 Muffins with mom (and Grandma).  They also did Donuts with Dad for fathers day.


 Field Day for the last week of school.  When they said they could get wet I didn't realize they would be drenched!  He sure had fun though.  

 Ice-Cream party for the last day of school.  We sure were ready for the summer to start filled with beach days, swimming, and just relaxing.

No comments: